Sunday, March 30, 2014

I'm Here!

It has been almost an entire month since I have blogged.  There are a couple of reasons for that:  1.  My husband is working on his thesis and a research proposal, so I have very little time to get on the computer here at home.  2.  I have been on Spring Break and then I got very sick.  We were gone for the beginning of break, and when I got home I got the stomach flu.  It was NO FUN.  It lasted an entire week!!! I have never had a stomach bug last more than a day or two.  It was pretty miserable.

Anyway, this morning I decided to get up early before my husband got up and write a quick blog.

This past week was my fairy tale week, and I used my fairy tale pack.  It went really well.  The kids loved all the stories and enjoyed all of the activities.  I was pleased with how everything turned out.  My favorites were:  write the room, CVC puzzles, spin and add, measuring with magic wands, and all of the morning work.  My kids really enjoyed these activities, and it is always so fun to see something that you made being enjoyed by your children as well as helping them learn!  :D

This coming week we are going to be reading versions of The Three Little Pigs.  For this unit, I have made a Three Little Pigs pack that covers a lot of the common core literature standards.


Characters; setting; beginning, middle, and end; retelling; comparing and contrasting; and opinion writing are all common core standards that are covered in this pack.  It also includes sight word, addition, subtraction, and shapes activities.

I am excited to use these this week!  This week I will try to remember to take pictures and share them with you!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment