Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tabata?

Okay, Tabata is also very new to me.  4 minutes and that's it?  I find that hard to believe.  So I found one, and decided to give it a shot.  The good thing is, it is only 4 minutes so if you don't like it, it isn't like you wasted your time.

Here is what I did:


Verdict:  It was HARD.  You push yourself so hard for the 20 seconds that it definitely gets your heart rate up pretty high.  It was short, so it wasn't too painful.  Do I think it burns as many calories as a 40 - 60 minute run???  Probably not, but I really wish it did.  This would be a great morning workout!!  I am not a doctor or a fitness expert, so honestly that is just a feeling guess that it isn't as effective as a long run.  However, it would still definitely be a great workout for days when you are short on time (or oversleep!).

Anyone have any ideas/comments about Tabata?  I am just learning so any help for advice would be greatly appreciated.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment