Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY Dry Erase - Super Simple!!

I have seen the dry erase boards made with glass photo frames and scrapbook paper, and I have been wanting to make them.  Finally, I did, and they turned out sooooo cute.  
I found some cheap glass frames from Big Lots (2 for $5), but they didn't have any cute scrapbook paper, so I waited until I found some paper that I liked.  On a random trip to Walmart, I found the perfect paper.  I got 2 sheets of 12X12 peach colored glitter paper for 97 cents!  I traced the paper from inside the frame on the back of the glitter paper.  I cut the glitter paper and put it in the frame.  DONE.  Now that is the kind of DIY project I like!



They cost me a total of $6.00 and I love them.  I was a little concerned that the dry erase marker might not come off that well, but it comes off very easily! 
I am planning on hanging them near my writing station with some circular, light blue dry erase peel and stick wall clings that I also got from Big Lots.  I am hoping to let students use these boards to share some of their creative writing ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment