Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fractured Fairy Tales


The best thing about going back to an older grade is being able to do a fractured fairy tale  unit.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fairy tales, and I love fractured fairy tales even more.  They are so creative and inspire kids to use their imaginations and have fun with writing.  I personally enjoy doing fractured Cinderella stories.  There are so many GOOD examples of fractured Cinderella stories.  Bigfood Cinderrrrella, Cinder-Edna, Bubba the Cowboy Prince, and Dinorella are a few of my favorites.  To assist with the writing process, I have created a graphic organizer that highlights all the important elements of a Cinderella fractured fairy tale.  This is great for prewriting.  I also have a PowerPoint that I used as I had my second graders (when I did this two years ago) complete the organizer.  Using both of these tools and reading a lot of great examples (as mentioned before), my kids wrote AMAZINGLY creative, detailed fractured Cinderella stories.  



To see either of this products, check out my TpT store.  





If you are interested in either of these, head on over to my TpT store and download a copy of either, or both!  


I also really like to connect EVERYTHING to fairy tales when I do my unit.  Below you will see some images of math related materials that I created when I taught second grade.  






These are just a few of the fairy tale downloads at my TpT store.  I hope you find them helpful!  


2 comments:

  1. Interesting.. I am an English teacher too, my skype name is ainul.fitri781 i am indonesian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please visit my bolg,if you want to knoe more about me. ainulparnadi.blogspot.com I wait for your comment and suggestion

    ReplyDelete