Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Moments Like This


I just came upstairs to write a quick blog and check my email.  When I checked my email, I realized that my cousin tagged me in a post on Facebook.  So, of course, I immediately had to head over to the world of Facebook.  When I did, I found this article tagged with "Lee Ann Hall This is for you and the impact you make on your students EVERY DAY!!!"





Wow.  I love this article, but what is most interesting is that I was on my way to blog about moments that make teaching worth it.  How crazy is that?!  This article really sums it up.  The impact we have on our children by being supportive, compassionate, thoughtful, and ourselves is what the students will remember and what they appreciate the most.

I was going to start by saying how some days in teaching are just tough.  They are exhausting, they don't go as planned, and they may even get a little messy.  But it doesn't matter.  When you get something from a child that touches your heart, every piece of work, drop of sweat, and ounce of love that you have ever put into your job immediately becomes trivial to what you have meant to a child.  I wanted to take a moment to share two letters that made me feel this way today.






Love these letters.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment