Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sight Words

Two days in a row here!  Don't get used to this... We've had two snow/cold days here in Indiana (and I know much of the rest of the U.S. has had two as well).  Anyway, as I prepare to go back to school tomorrow, I have been thinking about how many of my kids REALLY need to work on their sight words.  They have really gotten pretty good at sounding out CVC word, and even CCVC anc CVCC words!  :D However, I really feel like they are lacking in the sight word department.  For whatever reason, this class's strong suit is NOT sight words.  Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of strengths and are really smart students, but most of them just need more work on sight words.  Bottom line:  I need to do more sight word activities.  

My kids LOVE write the room, count the room, or ANYTHING that lets them get up and move around as they learn.  I decided to create a cute write the room activity.  It has a detective theme.  :)  I just think the clip art images are so darn cute!  (All graphics come from mycutegraphics.com - I LOVE this site.)  Anyway, I also love write the room activities because they require very little prep and very little explanation.  :))))  That's a huge plus in my book.  All you do is print off the activity, cut out the cards, hand them in the room, print the recording sheet, make enough copies, and boom, you're set.   I use it as a rotating center, so it lasts me all week.  Love it.  

Here is my activity below.  Click here to get to my TpT shop to get it!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment