Friday, January 31, 2014

Tens and Ones - Puzzles and A FREEBIE!

  • CCSS.Math.Content.K.NBT.A.1 Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.

These standards are soooo wordy.  Sheesh.  Anyway, kindergarteners at my school are all working on ^ that standard.  All about tens and ones.  They need PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND MORE PRACTICE on this standard.  Since we have done a lot of activities about tens and ones, I wanted something that was a bit of an overview for this standard.  I decided to create some number puzzles.




This is a set of puzzles for the numbers 10 through 20. Each puzzle consists of five pieces. The middle piece is the number. Then around the middle piece are four different pieces, each representing the number in a different way: ten frames, ten sticks and ones, 10 + whatever number, and then tally marks.  I am really excited to use this with my kids at school!  I think they are going to love them.  If you're interested in the pack yourself, it is only $1.50 at my TpT store.  Click the picture above to check them out.


Like I said, we have done A LOT OF tens and ones activities:  we have done manipulatives, we have done cut and paste, and I just wanted a plain, old worksheet that would help me assess and see who really understands this concept. So, I created this and decided to offer it as a FREEBIE as well.  :)  


Click on the picture to grab your freebie!  If you download it, please leave me some feedback.  I really appreciate your thoughts and opinions on my stuff.  

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the giveaway. I would love to follow through Bloglovin or Google - it would be helpful if you'd add one to your sidebar. Maria

    ReplyDelete